Businessworld, a leading business magazine, has come out with its annual B-school Ranking survey. According to the survey, IIM Ahmedabad is the No 1 B-school, while IIM Calcutta is India’s No 2 B-school. Xavier Labour Relations Institute or XLRI is pegged at No. 3; IIM-Kozhikode is ranked as ranked at No. 4. NITIE Mumbai is ranked at No 5.
The survey was conducted by research agency Synovate, and is published in Business World issue dated 28 June, 2010. In all 111 Institutes were covered in the objective survey, while a total of 50 institutes were covered in 'perceptual survey'.
Top 10 B-schools by Business World (Objective Survey)
1. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
2. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
3. Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
4. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
5. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
6. Indian Institute of Management, Indore
7. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
8. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
9. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
10.Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
Some of the leading B-schools that did not participate in the Ranking exercise include: IIM Bangalore, IIM Lucknow, BIMTECH (Greater Noida) and a few IIT B-schools.
The Perceptual survey also shows somewhat similar results. While eight institutes are same of the objective survey, two institutes i.e. SIBM Pune (No. 8) and FMS Delhi (No. 9) enter the Top 10 table in the perception ranking.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for latest news and updates on MBA Institutes, CAT 2010 and other news from MBA domain