Monday, January 24, 2011

My Life at Hofstra University

Sonika M. shares her experience at Hofstra University.

Q :- You have been one of those highly respected lot of students who have been doing higher studies at Hofstra University? How does it feel to be at Hofstra University USA?
A :- It is very good experience to be here.

Q :- Please tell us about which course you are studying and why did you choose that course?
A :- I am a Finance Major here. This course really suits my needs and I think that I will be able to do it successfully. I believe that my work experience when combined with an education from Business school will shape me into a well-rounded business leader. That’s why I seek a Hofstra’s MBA to transform myself from an engineer to a business leader.

Q :- Why did you choose the USA for higher education?
A :- USA colleges are world reputed. Degrees and curriculum are well structured. When I will come back to India I will be ahead of others. Also this advance knowledge will help me to get better job / will help me in the family business.

Q :- How is Hofstra University different than any other USA University based on whatever you have heard from your friends about?
A :- I chose this school because of higher ranking and better infrastructure. The curriculum of this university is quiet impressive that is the main reason why I am so much inclined toward this university. This is located near the global business capital i.e. NY, where a finance student can get sufficient exposure to the business. Also this university had dedicated trading center for Finance students. It has got efficient professors for Finance course. Small classes and peaceful environment are the added advantages.

Q :- Are you happy with your decision?
A :- Yes I am happy with my decision absolutely.

Q :- Where do you eat? Do you cook yourself?
A :- Yes, I am cooking myself as of now. Sometimes I do visit Indian, Chinese and American restaurants with my friends.

Q :- Where do you live? On-campus or off-campus and why?
A :- I am living off-campus as I feel on-campus accommodation is comparatively expensive. Good part is I got accommodation nearby campus. It takes hardly two minutes to walk to the campus.

Q :- What’s your advice to students who aspire to go to the USA for higher studies?
A :- Do not get excited to be in USA but for studies.

Q :- How are the studies in the USA different than the studies in India ?
A :- Most of the Universities in US are going in parallel with the latest technologies. Educating myself in those technologies can give me better picture to start up something of my own in future.

Q :- Is it worth spending so much money to get a degree from the USA as compared to similar degree in India with lower costs?
A :- I personally believe it is worthful to study here if you get good scholarship / Financial assistance.

Q :- What’s your advice to parents of aspiring students?
A :- It is a good experience to allow your kid to mingle with people from different parts of the world, carrying variety of ideas, which would allow one to invocate and discover himself/herself in different and productive way.

Q :- Key things to remember for parents and students while planning for the studies in the USA
A :- 1] Either student should have good scholarship or funding from parents, so that
Student won’t have financial risk after reaching the USA.
2] Allow enough time to spend with beloved ones before you come to the USA, so that you won’t fall sick.
3] Arrange accommodation before reaching USA.
4] To parents of female student:Request someone to take care of your kid initially
5] Carry enough money with you to survive here at least 3 months

Q :- What are you future plans?
A :- I would like to come back to India as my parents are here & with the advance latest worldwide accepted US degree I will have an added advantage to my job. The exposure to the opportunities in the market has shaped up my ambition. I aspire to start a consultancy firm that would provide innovative solutions to the nascent telecom industry in India. In the short term, I intend to work with companies that provide consulting services in the field of telecommunications. In the slightly longer-term, I see myself diversifying into offering custom solutions to my clients.

Q :- How did you fund your higher education?
A :- My parents are sponsoring for my education. Apart from that I have education loan from Credila.

Q :- Why did you choose Credila?
A :- Quick processing of loan and quick response are two best features of Credila that I am impressed with.

Q :- If Credila arranges a chat session with you for prospective students sometime in the future, will you be available for the chat on Credila’s expert chat session?
A :- Definitely I can participate for chat session if you could allow me to prepare myself to find convenient time.

Q :- Any other advice to students and parents?
A :- Make your kid enough strong to stay away from you to complete his or her education.

Q :- Any other references you can give us who can answer similar interviews?
A :- Sorry, I do not have anyone else.

14 comments:

  1. A nice and inspiring interview from a High ranked student. It will definitely help the future students to get themselves prepared for their higher studies and the direction to go with.

    Thanks Sonika for sharing your experience and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greater this degrees are classified as the better this fund is everyone have to look at https://www.reportwritingservice.net/order-your-book-reports-online/ tricky for getting better degrees so that you include possible opportunity to press to learn to read far more in addition to find the best strategies to triumph over the problems in case you have almost any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The subsequent find redirected below very good release process is quite scrumptious moreover within just look here call for interval you could possibly build the subsequent system aspects yourself moreover loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Sonika shared her experience at hofstra University. After reading your experience, i wants to get admission here. This is the best university for higher study. and hope so, i will got admission here. If you also wants to be the part of that university then click here to investigate. Hope so, you'll love here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heard a lot about that university and after reading your interview i observed that the university is best for youngsters. In this university, we will get higher study with extra curricular activities. You can find more info here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. تصليح ثلاجات Refrigerator repair in Kuwait Refrigerator repair service in Kuwait is one of the only companies which is providing you with the best repairing services.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. investment advisory in ksa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. real estate advisory in australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help. investment advisory services

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. finance and risk advisory in ksa

    ReplyDelete
  11. [Asphalt Nitro MOD APK](https://www.asphaltmodapks.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. [Asphalt Nitro MOD APK] (https://www.asphaltmodapks.com)

    ReplyDelete